Round 2: Same deal as before, but for male actors.
You’ve been banished to a desert island, never to return. In addition to food and water to survive indefinitely, you’re allowed to take a device to watch TV/film with and the collected works of any single male actor, but no other media.
What film/TV library do you select?
- You can choose an actor who has been in movies, television shows, or both.
- Cameos count, but only for episodes, not series. For example, if you choose Tom Selleck, then you get all of his films, Magnum P.I. (entire series), and the handful of episodes from Friends he was in, but not the entire Friends series.
- Voice-over for animation roles count (Choose Tom Hanks, and you would get to take Toy Story with you).
- Other non-acting roles do not count. For example, the fact that Tom Hanks is an actor does not allow you take Big Love.
My choice: Harrison Ford, in a walk. The Star Wars Trilogy, Blade Runner, Indiana Jones, and that excellent turn he had in that one movie where he’s a washed up cop in Hollywood with an earring. Er…hrm. The only shortcoming is a sports-related film–I wish he had something akin to Field of Dreams to take with me to the island, but I’ll survive with Han Solo just fine.
Others I would consider if I couldn’t take Ford:
- Bruce Willis (Die Hard, The Sixth Sense, Die Hard, Moonlighting, Unbreakable, Die Hard…and the episodes from Friends he was in.)
- John Ratzenberger (The Empire Strikes Back, every Pixar offering, Cheers…)
Next time: Stuck On a Deserted Island: Female Actor Edition