1. The lyrics from “All My Friends” by LCD Soundsystem
2. The shouts and strings on “No Cars Go” by Arcade Fire
3. The harmonies on “Falling Slowly” by The Swell Season
4. The drumming on “Pink Thoughts” by Moving Units
5. The bass line from “Two Kinds” by Film School
6. The rhymes on “Paper Planes” by M.I.A.
7. The pipe-organ on “Intervention” by Arcade Fire
8. The synths on “Knife (Covered by CSS)” by Grizzly Bear and CSS
9. The clapping on “It Started With a Mixx” by Los Campesinos
10. The intro and piano on “Sherry and Her Butterfly Net” by the The Most Serene Republic
11. The cover version of “Ceremony” by Radiohead
12. The vocal performance on “1-2-3-4” by Feist
I have to give credit to The Current’s Song of the Day for introducing me to many of the songs above.
Notice there’s no guitar work listed above. Nothing stuck. I’m willing to go back and find a guitar line that will stick in my head. Any suggestions?
NOTE: The song links go to everything from YouTube! to Last.fm to wherever I could get a good version of the work. The links to the bands go to their Web sites. I’d recommend The Most Serene Republic’s Web site in particular because they stream all their songs. Good stuff.